- Gifts not exceeding AED 3,000.
- Cash above AED 100,000 must be declared.
- Maximum of 400 cigarettes or the equivalent of 2,000 dirhams, 50 cigars, 500 grams of tobacco. Cigar equivalent to AED 3,000
- Maximum of 4 litres alcohol, 48 cans of beer.
- Medication: A maximum three-months supply of medication for your personal use. Please include an original prescription from a registered medical practitioner. All medications should be in original packaging, and not expired. No psychotropic medicines are allowed (even for personal use, in small quantity and/or with prescription) without prior approval from the Ministry of Health.
Items you cannot bring into the UAE
- All narcotic drugs.
- Gambling tools, machines.
- Ivory and rhinoceros horn.
- Trammel (fishing net with three layers).
- Forged or duplicate currency.
- Any printed material that contradicts Islamic teachings and/or decency, or that deliberately implies immorality or turmoil.
- Cooked and homemade foods.
- Radios, self-defence equipment, sharp-edged knives and swords.
- Weapons, ammunition and military equipment.
- Fireworks and explosives.
- Trees, plants and soil.
Requirements are subject to change. Please consult UAE Customs for additional details on entry requirements.
UAE Customs contact phone number, Email:
Phone: +971 (2) 6979700, +971 (4) 3119900
UAE Customs service fees
|Custom Service Type||Duty in AED|
|Issuing customs card for means of transport and machinery||30|
|Customs card amendment request by the client for every mistake||10|
|Duplicate of any customs issued document||100|
|Exempted goods import declaration (non-dutiable) over land and sea||80|
|Unexempted goods import declaration (dutiable)||70|
|Export and temporary export declaration||100|
|Loaded Dhow manifest||20|
|Importer/exporter code (companies)||100|
|Importer code renew of charges||25|
|Reissue of outbounding unloaded Dhow manifest||25|
|Couriers exempted cargoes import declaration||50|
|Couriers dutiable cargoes import declaration||40|
|Exempted air cargoes import declaration||30|
|Postal import/export declaration||30|
|Customs exit/entry certificate||20|
|Customs exit/entry certificate issuance||10|
|New company/issue of trade license for clearing, shipping and forwarding companies||700|
|Opening new branch||700|
|Addition of new partner||250|
|Addition of new activity||250|
|Issue of broker annual card||150|
|Renewal of customs representative card per month – 50 (delay fine)||50|
|Industrial products exemption charges||100|
|Goods reconciliation upon client request written (inside customs zone)||150|
|Customs seal charges||20|
|Borders post clearing service charges (land) (non-preferential road charges)||150|
|Deposit refund charges||50|
|Original documents shortage deposit charges||1000|
|Letter permitting Dhow entering other seaports in the country||50|
|Returned cheque fine||500|
|Cancellation of customs declaration charges||25|
Customs duties equal 5% of the value of the goods + insurance from the port of shipment to the port of discharge (CIF).
Goods of a special nature (alcoholic beverages 50% – cigarettes 100%)
If you want to clear customs and know more about prohibited items to be exported or imported , please check the below link: